3 replies to this topic

#1 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1181 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:45 PM

Well the housing arrived today, after sitting a month in customs. As it was a demo that I bought, it arrived, just to test my patience, which is limited to begin with, without the eyepiece diopter. Anyone know which magnification I require so I can test this humoungous :shock: piece of equipment?
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#2 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 05:48 PM

Hey Marli

Are you the evil-doer who bought the A100 + 9 inch dome from Helix Photo's eBay store about a month ago?? If so, you saved me about $1400 and some quick talking with my wife. Thanks (I think :? ).

I'll be very interested to hear your comments on it, as I still have one in my sights.
Why would I take a perfectly good camera underwater??
D300, D200, D70, 12-24 f4 AFS DX, 60mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 AF-S VR, 105 f2.8 AF-S VR, Tokina Wunderlens.

Photo galleries @ Ruaux.net

#3 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1181 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

Yup, that was I. I wish I'd bought it sooner, as it was up for some time, but when I went to buy a new one, everyone, including Aquatica, was out, and too busy making all those darn digital bodies :lol: to make me one soon.
So, once I get the bits and pieces working, I hope to enjoy it.
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#4 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:24 AM

The housing should have come with a free gym membership. I am sure it must be a huge change for you going from the Nik to the housing. I will be going through that soon as my little A5000 housing will seem small compared to the new A300.

Look forward to seeing your shots with the new set-up.
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz