Hello, everyone. We have a new design! Notes about the new design are here:
Please be patient with us as we update the site over the next week or two. Please leave feedback here, both good and bad. If you see anything strange happening, let us know, and we'll get it fixed. We are super excited to have a new design, though!
A new design
Hello, readers. We are extremely excited to launch the new Wetpixel.com, which has been redesigned to more beautifully celebrate underwater photography and videography. We have a new section of the site called Full Frame, where we will publish photo essays featuring a string of beautiful, large pictures from contributors. Our first two installments of Full Frame feature incredible photographs by David Fleetham and Marcelo Krause.
The forums have been updated to the latest version of the software and supports the Tapatalk iOS app, which allows you to browser the Wetpixel forums from a native app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Please be patient with us while we allow the site to settle over the next week or two. We’ll be actively making changes to the site to migrate old features over and fix reported bugs. Speaking of bugs, if you see anything strange, please head over to the forums and let us know. You can also contact us directly if you would rather not post publicly.
- The front page at Wetpixel has been made fully separate from the forums area. This means that your login to the forums area will not log you into the front page. Because this is how members used to comment on front page articles, this means that, for the time being, you cannot comment on front page articles. Soon, we plan to swap out the commenting system in front page posts to Disqus, which will open up articles commenting to everyone.
- The Picture of the Week contest is on hold, and will not be available until we migrate it over.
- The old Wetpixel Maps feature has been removed
- Tapatalk, the iOS and Android forum app, has been enabled. The app is $2.99 and can be found in the App Store
/ Google Play
/ Amazon Kindle
store, and you can use it to browse the Wetpixel forums directly from the app on your mobile devices. There is also a mobile browser version of the forums that works well.
- Forum emoticons are missing. If you have a requested emoticon you’d like to be re-enabled, please post a link to it here, along with the suggested smiley shortcut.
- There will be no cross-posting from the front page to the forums. As a result, the Front Page Posts forum has been removed.
- Forum posts between February 14 - 18 were lost during the migration. Apologies!
- The forum now supports the embedding of videos by pasting in video URLs. BBcode no longer works. The following services are supported:
Flickr Image Set
Windows Media Player (hosted .wmv files)
Still images: jpg, gif, png
- The Full Frame sidebar widget doesn’t (yet) show Full Frame articles.
- Old multi-page posts show up on a single page