• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kayakone

kayakone

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Does anyone know anything about the battery pack and monitor that hugyfot show in the pics of the new go pro housing, price, availability etc. 

I spoke to Hugyfot in the Uk and they didn't have any details on the accessories though the housing will be available soon.

#2 FanchGadjo

FanchGadjo

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

From what I saw and discussed with Pascal Eeckhoudt from Hugyfot at the Paris exhibition,

their battery pack was still in development. He actually brought the bare electronic board

with him in January.

Regarding the monitor, it is the GoPro LCD screen connected to the battery pack in a

dedicated housing or in the main housing.

Hugyfot has just released full details. The housing will retails for 499 Euros, and will be available from mid-March 2013.

http://wetpixel.com/...sing-for-gopro/

http://fotografit.eu...opro-3-housing/

107-245-large.jpg

#3 scuba_suzy

scuba_suzy

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

i dont really get it - the Gopro comes with an underwater housing and Gopro 3 housing even has the flat port that will properly focus underwater?

><(((> www.reefbeasties.com ><(((>

#4 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

I don't get it either the people that buy a gopro are after the cheapest possible options. It is true the plastic housing starts wearing out after 100+ dives but it costs little to replace

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#5 acuevas

acuevas

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Just try to use the Gopro housing at 100m and you will be looking for an allu housing. :B):

Regards
Andres Cuevas

Nikon D7000, Tokina 10-17, Aquatica AD7000, Aquatica Mini Dome, 2xInon Z-240 type 4.
flickr

#6 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

What is there to see at 100m? That would make it a very very very niche product I guess

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#7 Ronyx

Ronyx

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Diving, Adventure Motorcycling

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

It looks really nice!

#8 kayakone

kayakone

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I have a GoPro Hero 2, in its plastic housing the focusing and condernsation ar chronic. In a UKGermany housing the focus is better and the condensation is not a problem as there enough room to put in some cheap dessicant sachets. Unlike the gopro extortionate ones.

The ability to increase the battery life towards 6 hours would be handy as it saves opening up the housing every hour or so to change the battery.

I have met a couple of people who use go pros in ukGermany housings mounted on a sled / cradle with lighting to do sea bed surveys, they are a fraction of the cost of a pupose made drop camera thats good to 100m +

Looking forward to the Hugyfot finally coming together.

Pete

#9 FuAn

FuAn

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

What is there to see at 100m? That would make it a very very very niche product I guess

A HELL LOT!!! Nice wrecks, a whole different sea live... Just because it is out of reach for some people it does not mean there is nothing to see! I will be on a liveaboard next week with all dives 70m+ on nice WWII wrecks these might make great videos on the GoPro with proper lighting though... But I will take my RX100 in the Nauticam housing there...

Cheers

Christian