• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 holloways

holloways

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm a solo female seeking advice as to where to add 5 days (+/-) on to a trip to Lembeh. I'll be spending 10 days in Lembeh doing macro in muck (LOVE muck - but looking for other).  I'd prefer not to have to fly back to the mainland AND to do something other than muck.  Any suggestions as to resorts or boats that I could get to from Manado/Lembeh?  Thanks so much.  This is a big, scary adventure for me as a solo.  Advice welcomed!  Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)

#2 elbuzo

elbuzo

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Interests:Photography + cave diving

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'm a solo female seeking advice as to where to add 5 days (+/-) on to a trip to Lembeh. I'll be spending 10 days in Lembeh doing macro in muck (LOVE muck - but looking for other).  I'd prefer not to have to fly back to the mainland AND to do something other than muck.  Any suggestions as to resorts or boats that I could get to from Manado/Lembeh?  Thanks so much.  This is a big, scary adventure for me as a solo.  Advice welcomed!  Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)

Bangka Island , beautiful reefs covered with orange softcorals  . Murex resort , quite rustic but very well located directly on the beach . From there you can do a couple of dives at Paradise's pier ,good for macro and wide angle ( but sometimes the vis is challenging for w/a ) 

From Lembeh you can do a day trip to Tangkoko , is a jungle with great chances to see and photograph  hornbills , black macaques and tarsiers  and some other birds and wildlife (can recommend you a great guide if you are interested )  . I was there 2 days last october and had a great experience .

#3 balagan

balagan

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Just head for Bunaken, they have some great reef walls with sone drift dives.

Just don't get too excited when a dark shadow crosses above you blocking out the sun, it will only be a trash bag.

#4 divengolf

divengolf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:User name says it all- Dive & Golf, plus a little fishin' when I can.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

There are a number of resorts north of Manado that run out to the Bunaken Park. It's about 1-1/2 hour drive from Bitang (Lembeh) area. Your resort can arrange transporation.

#5 eyu

eyu

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Combining Lembeh Straits with Bunaken Marine Park is a great dive trip.  You get muck at Lembeh and some muck with reef dives at Bunaken.  Your resorts can set up the transfer and you do not have to take down your camera setup to transfer. 

Nikon D800E, D800, Subal ND800, Inon Z240, ULCS with StiX floats

#6 okuma

okuma

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

I have sent you a Private Message.

Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 7000, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.