#21 Storker

Storker

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

In my introduction thread, DiverPam said:

Looking forward seeing how things progress with you - DIverPam 

So, I've taken the plunge and started to spend handfuls of €€€ on gear. Right now, I'm still short a decent strobe or two, and at least one port, but I've started.

Now, I'd appreciate some feedback on this shot. I used a few of the standard tricks, like a decent negative space background and a strong diagonal in the composition, but there's something missing. I think it had potential, but it's not quite there, so to speak:

8569287287_014714925e.jpg
Cuvie by Størker, on Flickr

Topics merged: Admin.

#22 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Looks interesting! In this scene I think I would have gone closer (5-10cm away) to the kelp/urchin and made a more detailed shot of either one, with the sunball a little tighter and background a slight bit darker. Try to get super super close, get a clear subject in your photo, and underexpose the background a little, I think that might help! :)

Maybe if you let us know what gear you are using and with which settings it will be easier to give some more specific feedback :)

Anyways, have fun in the cold waters of Norway and keep those pics coming! 

Best regards, Morten 

#23 Storker

Storker

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Maybe if you let us know what gear you are using and with which settings it will be easier to give some more specific feedback  :)

Ah, sorry. It's on the Flickr page (click the image or the link underneath it to go there), so I didn't think of including it here as well. Gear in the image description and settings in the EXIF (Actions -> View EXIF data):

• Olympus OM-D E-M5 in Nauticam NA-EM5
  • Olympus M Zuiko 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 in 4" dome port
  • Ikelite AF35 flash with diffuser
  • Program auto, 1/80 sec, f/5.0, 200ISO

Edited by Storker, 19 March 2013 - 01:34 AM.