1 reply to this topic

#1 unemployed.com

unemployed.com

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hello All,

I am considering purchasing an Olympus system, I amlooking at the EPM1 camera and the associated housing PT-EP06. From what I can gather researching on the internet this housing will allow for the olympus 60mm lens and also has some external macro accessories that will work.

My question is because I can't see the camera/housing in action before i Buy can anyone explain how the shutter and aperture controls are set up when shooting in manual? From the picturesof the camera it looks as if there are no dials for it so is it a push button through the menu? And is it very time consuming when you are underwater?

Thanks for the help!

#2 troporobo

troporobo

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Shutter and aperture adjustment will be through the four way menu buttons, but not exactly through the actual menus. When the camera is in manual mode, the settings will be shown on the LCD.  With Olympus typically you press up / down to access shutter or aperture, then left / right to change, or vice versa.  It's not difficult once you are used to it, but of course not as fast and convenient as a dial