• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saudio

saudio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I enjoy posting a fairly large pile of photos in a single post, and I think that is restricted here, so here is a link to a post I put up at the Scubadiving.com forums if anyone is interested.  Also, feel free to join in with us over there if you like, it's not a photography forum, just a bunch of old friends who dive and chat about it in between.  The more the merrier. 

http://forums.scubad...cha-Komodo-pics

#2 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thanks! Komodo is pretty stunning, isn't it?

#3 saudio

saudio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Thanks! Komodo is pretty stunning, isn't it?

Yes, we were there when the visibility wasn't terrific, and I was for some reason thinking that Komodo was going to be more of a wide angle destination.  It turned out the macro in Komodo was as good as any place I've been.  That was a pleasant surprise.  

Lot's of illegal line, net, and dynamite fishing going on there though. They have the laws but don't have the money for enforcement.  It's pretty tragic.  And, it's pretty scary when three bombs go off during a dive with enough force to feel the compression.  I never want to experience that again.  

#4 E_viking

E_viking

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, Diving,
    Skiing & Mountaineering

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sad to hear about dynamite fishing.

Nice, to see your pictures and get warmed up for Komodo. I am going there in May. Let's seee what I will experince.

My last trip to Komodo was 1999. So, I am curious to see possible changes.

/Erik

Nikon D800, Nikon 60, 105, 16-35, Sigma 15, Nauticam D800, Zen 230mm, Subsee +5 & +10, 2*INON Z240