• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WanderingBob

WanderingBob

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

In 2 weeks I fly to Vietnam, do a couple of days of tours then get on a boat and travel to Cambodia on the Mekong River.

It looks like I may get an extra week there.

So, I am looking for suggestions on what to do.

The tour recommends you fly into Vietnam and out of Cambodia to/from LA.  However, I have a week to play.

Is there any decent diving in Cambodia or Vietnam?  SHould I head to Thailand or another destination to get in some diving?  Or, is there some place as a MUST SEE, omn land while I'm there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I need to make flight arrangements ASAP!

Thanks so much!

Nurse Bob on
Alaska's Kenai Peninsula
http://www.facebook....8...64&ref=name

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10596 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

4-5 days in Anilao for macro is better than anything I've seen in Cambodian and Vietnamese waters. Even the wide angle in the Mindoro area trumps anything I remember.  The diving in Vietnam and Cambodia is mostly a must get wet and desperate variety. Good luck.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

As Drew said, Philippines might be a good choice. I would personally not pay for the diving in Cambodia or Vietnam. 

Did you consider doing Angkor Wat while in Cambodia? I was there about a month ago and it blew my mind! 

Enjoy, Morten

#4 WanderingBob

WanderingBob

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

4-5 days in Anilao for macro is better than anything I've seen in Cambodian and Vietnamese waters. Even the wide angle in the Mindoro area trumps anything I remember.  The diving in Vietnam and Cambodia is mostly a must get wet and desperate variety. Good luck.

Thanks Drew.  Looks like I'll need to head back that way for the diving.

As Drew said, Philippines might be a good choice. I would personally not pay for the diving in Cambodia or Vietnam. 

Did you consider doing Angkor Wat while in Cambodia? I was there about a month ago and it blew my mind! 

Enjoy, Morten

Morten,

My tour ends in Siem Reap, with two days at Angkor Wat.  Can't wait to see it.  I guess I'll stay in Cambodia for a week after the tour.

Thanks,

Bob

Nurse Bob on
Alaska's Kenai Peninsula
http://www.facebook....8...64&ref=name