Help with Ike strobe connections via Ikelite manual controller

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 divengolf

divengolf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:User name says it all- Dive & Golf, plus a little fishin' when I can.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have a D7000, Aquatica housing and two Ds-125s. The housing has two ports, one standard nikonis 5 pin and a fiber optic. I have been using an Ike TTL converter and a dual Ike TTL cord via the nikonis port. I mostly shoot strobes in manual and don't need the TTL converter which has recently failed.

Rather than replace the TTL converter, I'd like to incorporate the Ikelite 10 position manual controller so it's easier to adjust the strobe settings. My problem is getting the flash signal from the housing to the Ikelite controller. It appears that the Ike controller is only set up to operate as a slave from a flash coming from the housing. It doesn't appear possible to get a flash signal from the housing unless I run a FO cable from the housing to the sensor on the manual controller. I don't know if this is possible, or is there another solution that will allow me to incorporate the 10 position controller.

Thanks for your help.

#2 diverdoug1

diverdoug1

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, Cave diving, Trimix, Spearfishing, Saltwater fishing, Freshwater fishing, Skiing

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Unfortunately, the manual EV contrller has been discontinued by Ikelite.  Ikelite no longer provides a means of remotely triggering it's strobes.  The fiber optic adapters they market only are for use with F/O cables.