Photo

FS: Custom 8" acrylic dome for Nauticam and rectilinear.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeteAtkinson

PeteAtkinson

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hemispherical cast acrylic 8" dome (101.5mm internal radius) glued to an acrylic base integral with a Nauticam 10mm extender with screws - which provides the Nauticam mount. The dome itself  is in pristine condition. It is mounted so the centre of curvature is 73mm in front of the lens mount, which is the apparent front entrance pupil position of the Sigma 8-16. The 2mm polythene shade is cut for this lens. If you want to use a fisheye behind this port it will require cutting off the dome and modifying the acrylic back plate. The lens shade is hot welded together, and a bit messy. I found that the Nauticam 9" glass dome is better in every respect. Except price. $200 plus EMS.

PeteAtkinson-6377.jpg PeteAtkinson-6380.jpg PeteAtkinson-6381.jpg PeteAtkinson-6386.jpg PeteAtkinson-6389.jpg

#2 PeteAtkinson

PeteAtkinson

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Reduced to US180 plus EMS. Just the extension with screws is $120 new.  

#3 PeteAtkinson

PeteAtkinson

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

I can separate the dome and Nauticam 10mm extension with screws if desired. The dome is 8" cast acrylic and in perfect condition. (The base will have saw marks if I cut if off, but it can be glued onto any acrylic base set up for fisheye or rectilinear. The 10mm extension with screws may suffer cosmetically from being extracted from the acrylic, but the surfaces that matter will be perfect. Make an offer!