• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan swain

Dan swain

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hi im doing my Dive master in Thailand and and taking as many photos as i can along the way but im having trouble with my housing its an ikelite D80 housing. Its been playing up for a while but i have been able to manage with it but now its totally gone im pretty sure it the chip board and hot shoe that are at fault. I have been in touch with ikelite but the want me to send it back and i really don't want to the postage is so hit and miss here and its going take 6_8 weeks. So i'm wondering if i can get a chip board i can fix it myself but will it have to be off a D80 housing or will any chip board do?? And dose anyone know where i can get one??

Many thanks Dan

#2 Aussiebyron

Aussiebyron

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Honestly think you have to bite the bullet and ship the housing (maybe just the back of the housing) back to Ikelite. At least you know they are going to fix it properly.

Cheers Mark

Nikon D7000 with Aquatica housing called "Deedee", Tokina 10-17,Nikkor 60mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Ikelite DS161

http://www.flickr.co...s/22898788@N04/

#3 Dan swain

Dan swain

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yeh but its weeks i don't know if il still be here then I know a guy here that use ti service ike housings so he will be able to wire it up. Im not sure what to do. =[ 

#4 water-works

water-works

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Can you go to an authorized dealer for repair rather than back to Ikelite? I called Ikelite about getting a replacement for a basic push button on their housings. They said they didn't sell just the button itself, and that I would have to send it in for repair. I was really bummed on this because it's super easy to fix the button and I could easily do it myself if they would just send out another button. But they wouldn't do that.

That's why I was wondering maybe a repair shop could fix the problem faster for you? 6-8 weeks is a long time.l

#5 Pfuller

Pfuller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

If your shooting full manual (and dont need ttl) you can bypass the chipboards as a workaround.

From memory, in the hotshoe, the centre pin is the trigger and the outside of the hotshoe is the ground. There is a small chipboard inside the hotshoe that will make the connections via springs to the hotshoe. You'll just need the trigger wire solded onto the centre pin point on the board correctly, and then have the ground wire solded onto the little metal spring clip that makes contact with the outside of the hotsoe.

Make note of these two wire colours and run these to the trigger/ground of the bulk head using the following diagram.

http://www.ikelite.c...syncwiring.html