- - - - -

An incredible little Clip...warms the heart.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2844 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

This was sent to me by an old friend and client and I knew I had to share this one around the community.

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 ChrigelKarrer

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I experienced a similar situation,
recovering a abandoned long line on the seabed i found a exhausted nurse shark attached to it.

Considering his/her state being almost unconscious from fighting to become free i decided to risk and try to free him/her.

I had my GoPro running clipped on my bcd but in the situation i did not think to hand the camera to Iris to get some better pictures. :-(

So please excuse the real bad quality!

Edited by ChrigelKarrer, 06 April 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Nikon D800 + Sigma 15mm + Nikon 105mm Micro VR + Hugyfot Housing + 3 Inon Z-240 strobes + 2x2 8'' ULCS arms - Panasonic LX100 + Nauticam Housing + SubSea +10 diopter
Nikon D90 + Ikelite housing + Ikelite DS125 strobe (for sale) - Nikon D7000 + Hugyfot housing (for sale) 
Canon G1X + Canon OEM housing (sold) - Canon G12 + Patima aluminium housing  (for sale) - - Fuji E900 + Ikelite housing (for sale)
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#3 CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

That was incredible! A wild Dolphin? I am totally amazed.

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

#4 liquidguru

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Staying Alive....

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Amazing clip

Sony XR500 - LMI Stingray+ G2 - 2x Keldan 4x LEDs - GoPro
Liquidguru's Website
My Blog from Ambon, Indonesia

#5 danielstassen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Dive, dive, and dive again.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Very touching moment.  Thanks for sharing!

Edited by danielstassen, 06 April 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#6 Ronyx

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Diving, Adventure Motorcycling

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

This video was posted about a month or so ago. I that version there is sub titles states the dolphin wouldn't let him remove the hook. Also in this version the subtitle states he uses scissors but the video clearly shows a knife. I only mention this because it would seem the video has made its rounds and is perhaps being altered.

Here is the original post and video link.

It is still an amazing video

Edited by Ronyx, 07 April 2013 - 06:45 AM.