• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well, at least 2 more manufacturers have decided to cover this camera, which is good news...IF they can get the camera out in numbers.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#22 thani

thani

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Water

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Which other manufacturers besides Equinox are planing to house this camera?
Best Regards,
Thani

#23 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

They won't allow me to say anything other than that they will definitely make it, until they change their mind. :)

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#24 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

They are waiting for the BMDCC camera to show up ;). Drew you could donate yours. Speed things up mate.

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

http://www.scubacam.com.sg/

#25 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

They are waiting for the BMDCC camera to show up ;). Drew you could donate yours. Speed things up mate.

Donate? LOL

Drew

#26 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

I've pre ordered the 4K BMDCC.  Hopefully by the time I actually get it there will be plenty of housngs available! :)

Cheers, Simon

#27 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Let's hope it's a 2013 delivery!!! LOL  My BMCC came 4 mths after deliveries started and I pre-ordered 4 mths before!

Drew

#28 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Iris control is actually done with 3 physical buttons David. The IRIS button on the top left, then REW and FF on the bottom control panel.

Just a bit of clarification on this... The "iris" button is something like auto iris that (in raw) opens up as much as possible at the given ISO to expose highlights to the right goal post.  

The << and >> pushbuttons are a direct control of iris open and close.  No pushing and holding, or button combos, are required.  Pretty nice to use, actually.

Shutter angle and ISO require touch screen access to change.

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com

#29 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Just a bit of clarification on this... The "iris" button is something like auto iris that (in raw) opens up as much as possible at the given ISO to expose highlights to the right goal post.  

The << and >> pushbuttons are a direct control of iris open and close.  No pushing and holding, or button combos, are required.  Pretty nice to use, actually.

Shutter angle and ISO require touch screen access to change.

This obviously only applies to any EF compatible lenses (like ZE) for the EF mount BMCC.

To further clarify what Ryan has said ( and it's all in the downloadable manual anyway), IRIS = Autoexposure and reacts based on the dynamic range curve set.  In VIDEO DR, hitting IRIS will set exposure based on the average of the entire scene.  In FILM DR, it moves exposure to prevent clipping.   Of course, with the 4k camera, this could change. But I doubt basic IRIS operation will.

Drew

#30 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thread closed because there are now housings in production.  Please check each housing thread directly.

Drew