#1 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1600 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hi folks,

I've been looking at Rainbow Reef Resort in Fiji and Dolphin Dive Resort right next door to Rainbow Reef Resort.  I was wondering if anyone knows whether the shore diving between the two resorts shares the same beach entry points or if the shore diving is in two completely different locations.  If in different locations how is the shore diving quality at Dolphin Dive Resort? The reason I am asking is that each resort only offers two morning boat dives per day, and I would want to go with the resort who offers the best free shore diving.  I have read nothing but great things about the reef off of Rainbow Reef Resort but can't find a whole lot about Dolphin Dive Resort.  I found one Trip Adviser post that said that shore diving was "just okay" at Dolphin Diver, so it's hard to interpret whether that's referring to a separate location for beach diving than Rainbow Reef Resort (RRR). 

Also, if anyone has stayed at RRR is the shore diving free? I've read where people are charged but that's likely piece meal diving and not an all inclusive experience. It definitely will be a deal killer if they charge more for unlimited shore diving as RRR is very expensive as it is.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Edited by Kelpfish, 15 April 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Joe

Check with Taveuni Dive. I think they run RRR's dive ops.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.