4 replies to this topic

#1 FuAn

FuAn

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hello everyone! 

just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! I am diving since 1994 certified all the way up to trimix OC and CCR.

I have been taking on land fotos with professional FX DSLRs mainly travel pics for quite some years. 

I got myself a Sony RX100 + Nauticam housing a couple of weeks ago and was about to start experimenting with it, but on the first trip my wife took over the camera and decided to start underwater photography as well now, so I have to get another camera for me, but this time I am looking in going down the NEX 7 road because I do like the 3 dial interface as I am only shooting manually and this is the best compromise between SLR and compactness...

However, I attached 3 first quite ok shoots I took on the first trip, I will have another upcoming liveaboard trip to the HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales next week to experiment with the RX100.

Attached Images

• Export-1-2.jpg
  • Export-1-4.jpg
  • Export-1-5.jpg

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10631 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Are you on the Mata Ikan or the Empress?

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 FuAn

FuAn

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi, No that was at Komodo national park at a manta research project with Orca Diveclub Komodo Flores and Manta Trust. Cheers Christian Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10631 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

<p>I'm asking about the Repulse trip. Just wondering which boat you are booked on. &nbsp;I've beenc itching to go back for a long time if there's been new growth on the wrecks.</p>

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 FuAn

FuAn

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Oh ok,

no we will be on the MV The Ark