3 replies to this topic

#1 dougdaulton

dougdaulton

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cinematography, Wildlife, Conservation

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Just saw this demo-ed at NAB and it looks like a very simple, yet powerful tool for managing footage & stills from our DSLRs & GoPros.  Sign up for the free beta.

The only downside, it launches as Mac only, but a Windows version is in the works as well.

http://www.redgiant....ll/bulletproof/

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10635 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

A bit limited in what formats are supported, plus it doesn't  deal with archived stuff (HDCAM,Beta etc) as well, which is disappointing.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 Cp

Cp

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Looks pretty nice, am signed up for the beta. Am hopeful this will be useful... it's very frustrating to me how bad the media management capability of FCP7, FCPX, and Premiere are. I thought Prelude would be helpful, but it is useless for this as well. 

Adobe says the reason they can't rename clips is due to restrictions in some formats (AVCHD comes to mind). It will be interesting to see how Bulletproof handles this. 

It is one thing to ignore the disk space needed for highly compressed video... but data rates are going up....4K, especially RAW, is another story. I like that with REDCINE-X I can at least delete clips. 

[edited: thought you could rename clips with redcine-x but apparently not]

Edited by Cp, 03 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Chris Parsons
Nauticam USA / Zen Underwater
innovation at nauticamusa
www.nauticamusa.com
954-489-8678

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Be careful about Betas.... there is a reason why they are called betas and not alphas.  They often have things that don't work as they should, bugs or other issues.   If it comes with an uninstaller, great, as  you might have to use it.   I have been asked by a great many companies including Adobe and Apple as well as lots of 3rd party companies including Red Giant to beta test a large variety of software and it gets old.  These days I just make an excuse and wait until the final version is released.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.