4 replies to this topic

#1 Hugy

Hugy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hi together,

although I'm taking underwater pictures now for nearly 10 years, I've never had an image gallery.

After I've upgraded my equipment, and after the pictures are slowly getting better (I hope so hehe),

I've just made an humble attemp in creating such a gallery....

http://www.backscatter.ch

If you like, check it out, and of course every feedback (on the gallery and particular images) and also critisism is highly welcome :)

Cheers Claude

#2 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hello Claude

Tried to look at your website but its not loading for me.

I am using Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

Best

D

Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#3 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3023 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hi Claude,

Congrats on the new site.  It looks like you're having fun.  It loaded OK for me with my Google Chrome.  I enjoyed the Intro feature.

Just a couple of comments.  You may want to spend a little time and play with some of your processing.  I thought you could increase the mid tone contrast (clarity in LR) or the general contrast just a touch.  The images come across as a little less powerful than they could be, at least on my screen.  You also may want to see if there is a way to limit the viewers ability to download your files.  As it is, it's a simple right click for someone to steal your images.  

Thanks for sharing them with us!   :good:

Cheers,

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#4 Hugy

Hugy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hi Manta Ray and Steve !

Thank you for your feedback.

@Manta Ray: This is strange that it doesn't load in Firefox, I've tested it with it and it works fine...

My site heavily relies on Javascript, so maybe you have Javascript disabled ??

Which version of Firefox are you using ?

@Steve: yep I know, I'm not yet very experienced in the post processing. If I find time, I'll add a little more contrast here and there :)

Greetings from the rainy Switzerland,

Claude

#5 Nana111

Nana111

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

HI there

If you never had an image gallery,i'd like to suggest you to add an image gallery.There are many image tool for image processing.And it is very convenient for image

processing.You can just have a try.Best wishes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: underwater, image, gallery