3 replies to this topic

#1 bear35

bear35

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

I am going to Australia in 2014 and would like to swim and photograph Humpback Whales on my way home, I have looked on the internet and two places seem to offer what I am looking for..... Tonga and Silver Banks of the Dominican Republic. Does anyone have any experiences of either of these places and also any good company that offers trips to do this??

Any imput would be fantastic.

Thank you :pardon:

#2 elbuzo

elbuzo

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Photography + cave diving

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I live in DR and have been to Silver Banks several times .  Don't have been to Tonga , vis is suppose to be better there but i think at Silver Banks the amount of whales is bigger.

I can recommend you 2 operations :  aquaticadventures.com  and  consciousbreathadventures.com   . They have the best dinghies and guides . The vessels they use are similar in terms of comfort and size.

I was there last week of march this year and had a blast 

To be in the water with the whales is a magical experience .  If you need further info. about Silver Banks let me know

JA

#3 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I run trips to Tonga every season, absolutely awesome experience. Here is a link to the 2013 trips and the 2014's will be very similar

http://ginclearfilm....umpback-whales/

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#4 Blue Screen Productions

Blue Screen Productions

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

What is the cost of silver banks or tonga whale trips generally? Which is generally cheaper