Photo
- - - - -

WA lens options for Canon's G11 housing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

A friend of mine has the Canon G11 with the proprietary housing.   This housing does not have a threaded port or any other mount for wet WA lenses. 

I have boosted about how much a good WA lens would do, hower with this housing what are his options?  With an adapter there should be a selection of fish eye and rectilinears avaiable?

How about the "BigEye Lens G Series", he got an offer to buy a scratched one, but these does not seem to be that wide.

Cheers

/O

#2 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

A friend of mine has the Canon G11 with the proprietary housing. This housing does not have a threaded port or any other mount for wet WA lenses.

I have boosted about how much a good WA lens would do, hower with this housing what are his options? With an adapter there should be a selection of fish eye and rectilinears avaiable?

How about the "BigEye Lens G Series", he got an offer to buy a scratched one, but these does not seem to be that wide.

Cheers
/O

The G11/G12 in orm housing have no wide angle option at best you can buy an air dome to restore the air field of view

#3 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Ok, thai is what the "BigEye" is I believe.

Didn't inon produce bayonet adapters that were fixed in the tripod screw of the housing?

Cheers

/O