Photo
- - - - -

Living Colours (Underwater Best Of Video)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RestlessDeviant

RestlessDeviant

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

A self indulgent video to lay tribute a recently died housing.  Its all shot from a Sony SR12 which is seriously dated and slightly embarrassing quality compared to what others are posting here, but it was a fun 5 or so years filming as a hobby..... Time for an upgrade :)

The YouTube Blurb:

A 'Best Of' video made from footage collected over 5 years

Footage includes: 

Mating Blue Ringed Octopus, Tiger Shark, Pygmy Seahorse, Mimic Octopus, Flamboyant Cuttlefish, Frogfish, Weedy Sea Dragon and MANY MORE

Locations:

Fiji - Pacific Harbour
Australia - Great Barrier Reef, South West Rocks, Sydney
Thailand -  Similan Islands, Koh Tao
Indonesia - Bali, Wakatobi, Lembah Straits, Pulau Weh, Gili Islands

Shot with Sony SR12 Camcorder, Light & Motion Bluefin Housing, 110 Degree Fathom WA Lens

Please Like and Share!

The music is I am Victorious by Tim McMorris under a Creative Common licence
www.timmcmorris.com

The footage was converted to 1080p for YouTube using high quality method from Nick Hope Bubble Vision:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SensationDiveVideos

#2 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Ahhh, the SR12. I still have mine  & the bluefin housing/fathom combo. Can't quite let it go yet.

You have some nice stuff there.

Is your housing not able to be fixed?

Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#3 RestlessDeviant

RestlessDeviant

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hi Pete,

I've always been really happy with the footage the last years, the colours are very vivid, great white balance and the fathom lens is just a delight ;) But the more other videos I watch now from new pro cameras, its getting painful to my eyes to edit my own footage!

I'm still kind of gutted it broke though, I would be very happy to have kept it as a back up kit.  The housing took a knock or something I think, cos for the last 50 or so dives it was leaking, but really minor.  1 or 2 small drips after a dive inside.  I changed all the orings a few times but still leaked.

Eventually the back screen packed in... But I still used it for filming with no screen ^^ .... And then the electrics completely went. L&M never replied about a replacement backplate and monitor, but I'm sure it is not going to be worth it.  The housing and lens is locked to such an old camera. :( :(

I will upgrade soon to the PMW 200 with Gates so I can get another Fathom SWP lens :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SensationDiveVideos

#4 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

PM sent

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547