Photo
- - - - -

Living Colours (Underwater Best Of Video)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RestlessDeviant

RestlessDeviant

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

A self indulgent video to lay tribute a recently died housing.  Its all shot from a Sony SR12 which is seriously dated and slightly embarrassing quality compared to what others are posting here, but it was a fun 5 or so years filming as a hobby..... Time for an upgrade :)

The YouTube Blurb:

A 'Best Of' video made from footage collected over 5 years

Footage includes: 

Mating Blue Ringed Octopus, Tiger Shark, Pygmy Seahorse, Mimic Octopus, Flamboyant Cuttlefish, Frogfish, Weedy Sea Dragon and MANY MORE

Locations:

Fiji - Pacific Harbour
Australia - Great Barrier Reef, South West Rocks, Sydney
Thailand -  Similan Islands, Koh Tao
Indonesia - Bali, Wakatobi, Lembah Straits, Pulau Weh, Gili Islands

Shot with Sony SR12 Camcorder, Light & Motion Bluefin Housing, 110 Degree Fathom WA Lens

Please Like and Share!

The music is I am Victorious by Tim McMorris under a Creative Common licence
www.timmcmorris.com

The footage was converted to 1080p for YouTube using high quality method from Nick Hope Bubble Vision:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SensationDiveVideos

#2 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Ahhh, the SR12. I still have mine  & the bluefin housing/fathom combo. Can't quite let it go yet.

You have some nice stuff there.

Is your housing not able to be fixed?

Cheers Pete.

www.duai.com.au

Stockist of Gates/Subal/Archon/Flip3.1

#3 RestlessDeviant

RestlessDeviant

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hi Pete,

I've always been really happy with the footage the last years, the colours are very vivid, great white balance and the fathom lens is just a delight ;) But the more other videos I watch now from new pro cameras, its getting painful to my eyes to edit my own footage!

I'm still kind of gutted it broke though, I would be very happy to have kept it as a back up kit.  The housing took a knock or something I think, cos for the last 50 or so dives it was leaking, but really minor.  1 or 2 small drips after a dive inside.  I changed all the orings a few times but still leaked.

Eventually the back screen packed in... But I still used it for filming with no screen ^^ .... And then the electrics completely went. L&M never replied about a replacement backplate and monitor, but I'm sure it is not going to be worth it.  The housing and lens is locked to such an old camera. :( :(

I will upgrade soon to the PMW 200 with Gates so I can get another Fathom SWP lens :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SensationDiveVideos

#4 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

PM sent

www.duai.com.au

Stockist of Gates/Subal/Archon/Flip3.1