• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steelhead

steelhead

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

I have a couple 105's that work great for my purposes, but recently I lost one of the tiny little red plastic clips that holds the rear battery terminal in place. Does anyone know if, or where, I can get one of these? I can rig something temporarily to wedge it in, but it would be nice to have it with the original pieces if possible. One of the pitfalls of using older gear I guess. 

#2 pointy

pointy

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

I just saw 2 of them for sale on ebay. one of them was aking $13.

#3 steelhead

steelhead

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Perfect! I looked on e-bay initially and didn't see anything. Now I will have a replacement and a spare. Thanks for the heads up. 

#4 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1730 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

If you contact your local underwater strobe repairers they may well have some uneconomic to repair strobes with parts like this which they may be prepared to let you have. I still have 4 x SB105s but they are getting on now and starting to need more frequent service/repair - one has just lost internal prsssure as the cap is fitted indicating a failed seal somewhere....

Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#5 steelhead

steelhead

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

I am jealous that you have a local underwater strobe repairer. I e-mailed Pacific Housing Repair in California, thinking that they would be the best bet for parts for older equipment but never heard back. I called my local shop and they basically laughed when I said "Nikonos," so no luck there. I think ebay is my best bet for parts until I break down and get new strobes. Nice to know I am not the only one shooting these things though.