Aquatica Nikon D800 D800 housing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FishTales

FishTales

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Film making, Computers (Mac)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm selling my Aquatica D800 system because my RED has bumped it to the bench.  In addition to the housing and ports, I'm also selling my D800 body and lenses.  The D800 is the best DSLR I've ever  had, and I really hate to part with it, but I use all Canon glass on the RED, so it doesn't make sense to keep the D800 for a backup since I would have to maintain a full extra set of lenses.  I'll be better off with a backup 7D body that can use the same glass as the RED.

I bought the Aquatica housing and the D800 in August of last year and used it daily until January.  Since I started shooting with the RED in January, the D800 has been on the shelf.  So it has had less than 6 months of use.  There are no issues with the housing, never a hiccup.  I like it even better than my previous Aquatica 5DII housing which gave me 2 years of daily service until I switched to the D800.  The system has two ports, a standard macro flat port and an 8" Acrylic Dome with shade.  The dome is 3 years old but has only been in the water a few times so it is still in perfect condition (I was living in Lembeh Strait, so shooting mostly macro).  The housing has two Nikonos style sync ports.  It also has an electronic vacuum monitoring system installed.  It also has an Aquatica Aqua View Finder (straight version) which gives you a gorgeous huge image to compose with.  Also included is an Aquatica 18457 extension ring.  The storm case that I'm including to transport the system does not have custom cut foam for the housing, I'm just using pieces of foam to cushion everything.

Here's the housing portion of the system:

Aquatica D800 Housing

Aquatica Flat Port

Aquatica 8" Dome Port + Shade

Aquatica Aqua View Viewfinder

Vacuum System

Storm case

$4500.00 Plus your choice of shipping.

The D800 system includes the body with a 32GB CF card, a Nikkor 24-120 f4 ED VR Zoom (topside general shooting lens) and a Sigma 15mm f-2.8 that hasn't even been in the housing yet (already sold my 60mm macro).  The camera has less than 5600 shutter activations.  Comes with the normal accessories: battery, charger, USB 3 cable, manuals, strap and  body cap.

Here's the camera portion of the system:

Nikon D800 Body

Nikkor 24-120 f-4 ED VR Zoom

Sigma 15mm f-2.8 WA

32GB CF Memory card

Factory accessories

$3600 Plus your choice of shipping

I will sell the housing system and the camera system separately, but I won't break out individual items from either package.

If you want to buy the whole works, you can have it all for $8000 and I will pay ground shipping anywhere in the continental US.

The system is currently with me in Bali, but I will be returning to the US June 14 and bringing it with me.  If you want it in this part of the world, let me know before June 13.  Wetpixel members get first shot at this system.  When I get to the US everything that  hasn't sold is going on eBay with a reserve above the prices offered here.

Here are a few photos of the components:

_SDF7019.jpg

Housing Front

_SDF7021.jpg

Housing Back

_SDF7023.jpg

Custom installation of vacuum system.  Uses the "flash down lever" to activate.

_SDF7025.jpg

Aqua View Optical Viewfinder

_SDF7030.jpg

8" Acrylic Dome port with shade and macro flat port

IMG_0132.jpg

Nikon D800 with Nikkor 24-120 f4 ED IS

IMG_0133.jpg

Back View of D800

IMG_0135.jpg

Sigma 15mm f2.8 WA lens

#2 FishTales

FishTales

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

This is an update of my previous listing which included the camera and two lenses.  All of the Camera equipment has sold, so now only the housing and ports are available.

I'm selling my Aquatica D800 Housing because my RED has bumped it to the bench. 

I bought the Aquatica housing in August of last year and used it daily until January.  Since I started shooting with the RED in January, the D800 has been on the shelf.  So the housing has less than 6 months of use.  There are no issues with the housing, never a hiccup.  I like it even better than my previous Aquatica 5DII housing which gave me 2 years of daily service until I switched to the D800.  The system has two ports, a standard macro flat port and an 8" Acrylic Dome with shade.  The dome is 3 years old but has only been in the water a few times so it is still in perfect condition (I was living in Lembeh Strait, so shooting mostly macro).  The housing has two Nikonos style sync ports.  It also has an electronic vacuum monitoring system installed.  It also has an Aquatica Aqua View Finder (straight version) which gives you a gorgeous huge image to compose with.  Also included is an Aquatica 18457 extension ring.  The storm case that I'm including to transport the system does not have custom cut foam for the housing, I'm just using pieces of foam to cushion everything.

Here's what's included:

Aquatica D800 Housing

Aquatica Flat Port

Aquatica 8" Dome Port + Shade

Aquatica Aqua View Viewfinder

Vacuum System

Storm case

$4500.00 Plus your choice of shipping.

The housing is currently with me in Bali, but I will be returning to the US June 14 and bringing it with me.  If you want it in this part of the world, let me know before June 13.  Wetpixel members get first shot at this system.  When I get to the US the system is going on eBay with a reserve above the price offered here.

PayPal is OK.  Can ship from US as early as June 14 2013.

Here are some images of the system:

_SDF7019.jpg

Front view of Aquatica D800 housing

_SDF7021.jpg

Back view of Aquatica D800 housing

_SDF7023.jpg

Inside view of D800 housing back showing custom installation of vacuum system.

_SDF7030.jpg

8" dome port with shade and macro flat port

_SDF7025.jpg

Aqua View Viewfinder

#3 arthropoda

arthropoda

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

Still available? I'm in central California, any chance you're nearby now that you're in the states?

#4 chkeith

chkeith

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Will you sell the macro flat port separately?

#5 KamTheBest

KamTheBest

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hi

Will you sell the "aqua view " separately?

Thanks

#6 FishTales

FishTales

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

All sold, long ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aquatica, Nikon D800, D800, housing