• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble Girl

Bubble Girl

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Okay, so I've decided to dust off my subal c10, Canon 10d and Inon Z220 single strobe and take it to Bonaire on a dive trip. It's been a while since I used it last, in Palau, back in 2006! Needless to say, I'm a little rusty with my rig.

Individually all pieces work. It's getting them to work together that's giving me trouble. I can't get the strobe to fire when I click the shutter button to take a photo. It seems like there's too much power coming from the strobe, and it's causing certain functions of my canon to stop working - such as the menu, info, playback buttons. I can live with those not working. I just want my strobe to fire when I take a shot.

What am I doing wrong? I'm currently in Bonaire (06 June). If you can help asap, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I will just keep using my GoPro Hero3. However, I would really like to take some amazing stills with my Canon setup.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

#2 onewolf

onewolf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Diving, Fishing, Photography, Kayaking

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

What sort of flash connection are you using?  Nikonos?  Have you verified all the connections are nice and tight?

(Primary) Nauticam 550D, Canon T2i, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 100mm IS, Tokina 10-17FE, Zen 100mm domeport, Nauticam 180deg viewfinder, Dual S&S YS-110a, SOLA 600 focus light, Dual AOI RGBlue video lights, GoPro Hero 2

(Backup) Olympus E-PM1, PT EP-06, Olympus 14-42 II, Olympus 60mm macro

--- Visit My Website ---

#3 Bubble Girl

Bubble Girl

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sea and sea connectors.

I figured out the problem though... the poor housing, although in mint condition, is getting old like me. The shutter toggle tends to stick and was depressing the shutter release halfway, which disabled the strobe and messed up the menu buttons. The strobe couldn't figure out what I was asking from it, and the camera couldn't operate normally while I was inadvertently pressing the shutter halfway.

All is working fine now. Phew!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain