• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 team2jnd

team2jnd

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

I know the topic of converting an ikelite housing from the 5d to 5d mark ii has been discussed at length. However, I am unable to get my ds125 to fire using the Mark ii in the original 5d housing. Does anybody know why this is? The TTL light lights up on the housing but no matter what setting I put the strobe on, it will not fire. The hot shoe mount seems to fit fine but I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jim

#2 jxo

jxo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

I know the topic of converting an ikelite housing from the 5d to 5d mark ii has been discussed at length. However, I am unable to get my ds125 to fire using the Mark ii in the original 5d housing. Does anybody know why this is? The TTL light lights up on the housing but no matter what setting I put the strobe on, it will not fire. The hot shoe mount seems to fit fine but I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jim

Jim:  were you able to resolve this?   Am curious whether this is a problem for all when using the 5D2 in the 5D housing.

#3 team2jnd

team2jnd

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Jim:  were you able to resolve this?   Am curious whether this is a problem for all when using the 5D2 in the 5D housing.

It was strange, I tried again before I sold the housing and the strobes fired fine (topside). I must not have had the hotshoe connected properly. I honestly have no idea what the issue was. However, I have no idea if the TTL would have worked. Wish I could be more help.