• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seansrs968

seansrs968

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

I went to Anilao in May 2013. I stayed at the Crystal Blue Resort. Here are pictures tha I took while I was there. If anyone wants to help identify any of the various nudis I would really appreciate it. I will be adding more over time. I look forward to any constructive comments people might have.

Anialo May 2013

Sean

Edited by seansrs968, 12 June 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Brian McHugh

Brian McHugh

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Very nice Sean.  

#3 jhellemn

jhellemn

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Great shots!   

#4 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3015 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Looks like you had a great time Sean.  You should think about filling out the "About" info on your site.

What lens were you using to give you the 84mm focal length that shows up in the meta data?

My general comment, for what it's worth, is that you might benefit by doing a little more work in post.  I think macro with the 7D can really use more mid tone contrast (Clarity in LR) than you are giving your images.  Most of the Aniloa images look a touch flat to my eye. Try bringing the whites up and the blacks down.   It's kind of subtle but you may want to play with it some.  The single subject in the center of the frame can also sometimes benefit from a touch of vignette that darkens the corners and brings the viewers eye more to the center.  Here is an example from one of your images from Aniloa;

Sean2.jpg

I left the info on the frame so you can see what I was doing.  A touch of sharpening helped the image out too.  This is all conjecture on my part and you need to do what looks right to you.

But may want to think about applying a watermark to your stuff on the Zenfolio site.  It's pretty easy to copy your images   ;)

Cheers,

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom