• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ricke

ricke

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm running into a challenging issue where when I mount a Canon 60D to the tray for an IkeLite 60D enclosure the camera tilts a bit too far forward.  This causes things like the control lever for the on/off switch to not reach fully and the camera lens is not centered properly in the port hole.

Its a new enclosure, I sent it back for evaluation and it checked out perfectly.   Chatting with them by phone it seemed like the likely issue was that I didn't have the tray screw pushed all the way through the tray before screwing into the camera's tripod hole.

Well I followed that advise and see the exact same issue.

Has anyone seen a similar situation and might have a clue as to what I might possibly be doing wrong?  

What's odd is there are two rear posts on the tray, one tall one on the left and a shorter one on the right.  When the camera is mounted on the tray the right post looks fine but the left post seems to look too high as it pushes up against the LCD screen hinge.

Thanks for any tips,

Rick

#2 blibecap

blibecap

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

The pins that stick up near the back of the camera are supposed to be behind the camera to keep it from twisting. Mount the camera to the mounting plate, take some pictures and post them. tahe some pictures level with the bottom of the camera where it attaches to the mounting plate. 

where are you located? 

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh
http://www.UwCameraStuff.com
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.

#3 seansrs968

seansrs968

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

I'm running into a challenging issue where when I mount a Canon 60D to the tray for an IkeLite 60D enclosure the camera tilts a bit too far forward.  This causes things like the control lever for the on/off switch to not reach fully and the camera lens is not centered properly in the port hole.

Its a new enclosure, I sent it back for evaluation and it checked out perfectly.   Chatting with them by phone it seemed like the likely issue was that I didn't have the tray screw pushed all the way through the tray before screwing into the camera's tripod hole.

Well I followed that advise and see the exact same issue.

Has anyone seen a similar situation and might have a clue as to what I might possibly be doing wrong?  

What's odd is there are two rear posts on the tray, one tall one on the left and a shorter one on the right.  When the camera is mounted on the tray the right post looks fine but the left post seems to look too high as it pushes up against the LCD screen hinge.

Thanks for any tips,

Rick

I had the same issue with my Canon 7d. I had to send it back into Ikelite.