• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Karl

Karl

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I just thought I would put these up in case anyone is remotely interested.

I have the Oly OMD EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with the 65 Port (for the 60mm macro lens).

Also in this port I use the 12 - 50mm lens as well when I want the flexibility to try a bit of wide angle but as everyone who has this setup knows you can not access the macro function of the 12 - 50mm :bo:

Therefore to get macro you have to use an add on macro wet lens / dioptre so today I tried a +6 macro wet lens with my 12 - 50mm lens with the lens set at 50mm to see what the difference would be.

One thing to note with using these type of wet lenses you have very little room to move and the difference between being in focus and out of focus is so small that in any surge you will struggle - anyway, today there was lots of surge and I struggled :angry:  :angry:

I kept the same setting throughout - F13 @1/100 ISO 200 with twin Sea & Sea strobes (snooted) at 2/3 power.   The vis was about 4m and all were shot at the minimum focusing distance.

The wet lens is one that Jeff Mullins sells - http://www.reefwreck...ccessories.html

Comments welcome.

Karl

At 50mm

Ammo+Jetty+13-06-22++-+04.jpg

At 50mm with the +6 macro wet lens

Ammo+Jetty+13-06-22++-+03.jpg

At 50mm

Ammo+Jetty+13-06-22++-+06.jpg

At 50mm with the +6 macro wet lens

Ammo+Jetty+13-06-22++-+05.jpg

Everyone is entitled to my opinion!!