3 replies to this topic

#1 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1456 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

For sale are a bunch of electrical sync cords.

2 each of never been used S&S Nikonos to S&S/Inon cords. New these are $125 or so. $75 each shipped to US or both for $125 shipped to US.  SOLD

1 Slightly used S&S Nikonos to S&S/Inon $65

1 used S6-S6 sync cord, New $180 for sale at $100

1 used funky Nikonos/Nikonos cable (the small connector) originally used for an Athena strobe $40

1 lightly used Heinrichs external converter for Canon.  New $549, sale price $300

Bill

Edited by bvanant, 22 June 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#2 sharkbaitdiver

sharkbaitdiver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi Bill, 

I have a canon 5D Mk3 in an Aquatica housing with two Inon Z240's.

I've always used the strobes manually and am quite confident about dialling them in.

I'd really like my wife to start using the rig instead of her compact but she's not keen on having to faff around.

I was thinking that a TTL config would make things easier for her and give her more point and shoot options.

Is your HW converter compatible with the Canon 5DMk3 and Inons?

Is this what you use it for.

My housing has two nikonos 5pin connectors Ideally I'd like to have a twin cable from one port feeding both strobes is this viable with the converter.

Any help or advice you can give is much appreciated.

Cheers, Phil.

#3 sharkbaitdiver

sharkbaitdiver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Is this still available? Is the Heinrich compatible with Inon strobes? I see you've posted on someone else's thread..?

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1456 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

To make the HW converter work with the 5DIII you unfortunately need a 6 pin bulkhead.  Depending on your housing type it might be hard or easy to do. I have a 6 pin bulkhead for Nauticam. You can then run any dual cable to your Inon's if you want from there but this is the external adapter, not one that goes in the housing.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net