• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

The blue is very blue, not just in the water but also at the beach. The blue color balance out the sunball ray and not over expose the sunball. I'm currently using a Panasonic LX-7 point and shoot and couldn't achieve this level of quality. The video was shot with Canon 5DMark II. I'm considering using my Canon 7D in the future as upgrade. But I couldn't find any Canon 7D footage with this level of quality in Youtube, is there a trick to get this kind of quality?

I used Magic Filter before and still not at this quality.

Judging from the video above, these are the only thing I could think of that's heading to the right direction:

1.) shoot at 24 fps?

2.) Custom white balance at depth.

Also, there is virtually no particle/backscatter in the footage, could the water really be that clean/clear or there is a trick? Man the video is so inspiring!

#2 Mark K

Mark K

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

thank you for sharing....5D mark II has its advantages...say sensor much larger. Given the price of 7D housing I will prefer buying a 5DIII for the whole upgrade. . 

You have to notice the depth was very shallow and the author used an extensive list of equipment, other than just the 5D2 camera body. 

Mark K

A clown fish finding its way home

#3 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks! I'm fairly familiar with the author's equipment, especially the Magic filter. I just don't know in which scene he used the 2400 lumen light. I'm playing around with my point and shoot now on land and so far I think under expose the video make the blue more pop. I will keep experiment before putting more money into a dSLR set up.

#4 Aussiebyron

Aussiebyron

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

By using fisheye lenses like Tokina 10-17mm on DX or 15mm Sigma on FX, Magic filter or another filter of your choice and custom white balancing at different depths. For macro just use bloody bright dive lights.

Regards Mark

Nikon D7000 with Aquatica housing called "Deedee", Tokina 10-17,Nikkor 60mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Ikelite DS161

http://www.flickr.co...s/22898788@N04/