Photo
- - - - -

A World First? Mother Mary Takes the Plunge!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SoulDiver

SoulDiver

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:travel, wilderness, new age, conspiracies, ET's, scuba diving on other worlds ;)

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hi all!  I live in Melbourne, Victoria.  I'm not able to hop in tropical water everyday and take pics of exotic fishies.  I do what I can with what I have, always thinking of new things to portray.  One of the most recognised figures world wide is Mother Mary, so I bought a costume, did a creative thing or two with an off housing strobe, and off we went!

rsz_img_3761_2.jpg

Babushka is a belly dancer and is into extreme sports like kite surfing, so she is very capable underwater. I've done a very rough edit of the sensor for the off camera strobe, which was nestled in the folds of the blanket.

rsz_img_3778.jpg

Many great works of art portray an individual as floating, with fabric seemingly weightless and billowing around them.  This can be achieved to great effect underwater.

rsz_img_3785_2.jpg

Here Babushka had to hold down the veil as she was sinking, and then make the pose.  It looks almost...natural, doesn't it?

#2 Bobu

Bobu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I really like the first image. Creative composition and a beautiful model.

Boris

#3 SoulDiver

SoulDiver

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:travel, wilderness, new age, conspiracies, ET's, scuba diving on other worlds ;)

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

She is beautiful.  Without the makeup she has a cute dusting of freckles over her cheeks and nose! ;) Oh, and she's French.