• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevindale222

Kevindale222

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hi I posted similar topic on beginners forum but didn't get much feedback. Hoping to get some help here.

I'm a beginner looking at buying a single strobe and arm system for my olympus epl-3 in the Olympus pt-ep05l housing. I am headin to Galapagos soon and will be concentration on WA. I no people are going to suggest 2 strobes but I only want to purchase one at min. Cost and wanting to buy lens/dome/ video light main factor . Plus the fact I would want to have some experience with 1 strobe first.

Can I have some recommendation on size arms? 1 or 2 arms? Make of arms? Clamps? Make and model of strobe?

Thanks guys and gals.

#2 Alastair

Alastair

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

buy the best that you can -  inon Z240 or the sea and sea YS-D1... Sea and sea are reliable and easy to use but i prefer the range of diffusers that i can get for my iNon 240s.  and yes 2 is always better for WA but with one and available light you should be ok.  i prefer TLC or the Ultralight arms and use them interchangebly...  TLC are tough and survive betther ULCS and no fiddly o-rings and smooth movement along with a firm clamp...

Alastair

Nikon D90 Aquatica housing, nikkor 60mm, ,105VR mm, 18-70mm, 17-55mm, 10.5mm FE, 15mm FE, 10-20mm.
Inon strobes, TLC arms.

www.mcgregorUW.smugmug.com

#3 pdemaagt

pdemaagt

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

I would definitely go for two arms as it gives you a lot more flexibility in moving around. I have the ultralight arms and clamps, but I think most of them are good. I like the S&S strobes