• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PhotographingBlind

PhotographingBlind

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

ny body who has experience with FIT LED 2400 ?

As a focus and video light ?

Vist my Facebook page and like !
https://www.facebook...tographingBlind

#2 PhotographingBlind

PhotographingBlind

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

There was a review of it in uwpmag...

#3 DanBolt

DanBolt

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

I've just picked one up and will be using it in anger in the next few days. I'll post back about how I get on with it.

As a product it certainly looks very well made, robust & simple to operate.

Edited by DanBolt, 04 July 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#4 DanBolt

DanBolt

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Above and beyond the build quality is the quality of the light. In a word; "stunning". Ok, so I may be a bit biased because this image won me a category prize on the British Underwater Photography Championship, but truly the output of this diminutive torch is nothing short of Bloody Brilliant. Apologies for the British overtones there :)

UWP09909-w1.jpg

#5 PhotographingBlind

PhotographingBlind

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

And what do you like about them ?

I would like to use the lights as a focus/video and a main diving light to.

Is it useable as a main diving light ?

the last diving light i had was a hid200 from metalsub.

Thats a canon of light, but if there is a lot of dust and bad sight, you cant see anything by the amount of light it put out.

Is the FIT better ?

#6 DanBolt

DanBolt

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

It will certainly do all three things for you:

-  video light for sure as it's 120 degree beam has no hot-spots and 2400 lumens really is very bright

-  focus light, you'll probably want to use it on its lowest power setting otherwise you'll scare things away (it also had red light too)

-  main dive torch, yes this it covered too, the 15 degree spot beam is very bright at 1000 lumens

It is very well made, the switches are useable (and have a nice positive feel to them) even with 5mm gloves on, and it's small. A light, hand-held torch with this much power is a great tool to have.

You may want to get a 2nd battery as it took over 3 hours to recharge mine from flat

#7 Michel Braunstein

Michel Braunstein

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Dan, can you tell where did you buy it? It's not easy to find.

Tnx!

#8 Joerg Trnka

Joerg Trnka

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Dear Michel,

Sorry for jumping in. I have one as well and I bought mine at http://www.unterwasserkamera.at.

I really love it, just as a focus light it is almost to strong, even on lowest power.

Cheers

Joerg

#9 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Dan got his from us.

www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland

#10 DanBolt

DanBolt

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Alex T is right, I got mine from www.uwvisions.com

I've just posted a short collection of clips on youtube that (subtly) shows the power of the light:

It may not look like it's doing much, but in clear water in full sun and only 6m down the FIT is giving all the colour to the scene. Turn it off and everything goes green! 

Shot (while snorkelling) on Olympus E-PL5 with Oly 9-18mm lens

#11 aorr

aorr

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Diving, Underwater photography, Geology, GIS

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

I ordered two from Taiwan a few weeks ago. Lots of initial impressions of them but I'll finally get a chance to really dive with them this weekend off the coast of North Carolina. I'm working on a video review which should be finished next week.

-Andy

#12 aorr

aorr

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Diving, Underwater photography, Geology, GIS

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wrote a quick review of my impressions of the lights here:

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=51081

-Andy

#13 Greatoldone

Greatoldone

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Diving, Kit Cars, Motorsport

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi all - first post, hope you can point me in the right direction. 

I'm still quite new to UW photography, and as such don't have a massive set-up. Just a compact camera (Fuji F660EXR in a Fuji Housing) and a single external strobe (Sea & Sea YS-D1). With this, I get what I deem are decent still image results for a beginner. :)

Anyway - the camera can also do video, so I've been shooting movies as well as taking photos during dives... and getting OK but obviously very blue results. This was reinforced when I tried to video mine and my wife's recent dives on the Thistlegorm - murky video, not helped by me trying to use a small dive torch to illuminate the view which ended up looking like a laser beam on the footage. 

So - I guess I need a video light.

After a lot of googling (and getting more & more confused over lumens and burn times and beam angles) I've stumbled across this site and forum thread. All that prior research had me thinking about an i-Torch Pro 6 as an all in one solution (mainly due to the replaceable batteries and the price compared to other brands), but having read this thread, I'm now leaning toward the FIT 2400.

What I need to know is wether it's a good match for my current equipment - and can I get away with one of them? I guess I'm asking that question to the two owners that have posted here (Dan & Andy)

The camera is 24mm (35mm camera equiv) at the wide end. 

Sorry for the rambling!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

My Marlin Sportster kit-car: http://www.greatoldone.co.uk

My Flickr (Don't laugh too much!): http://www.flickr.co...s/63454658@N05/

#14 DanBolt

DanBolt

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hello Jason,

(I didn't get a notification that you'd posted, so apologies for the delayed reply!)

You will certainly 'get away with one' of these because at 24mm your angle of coverage is about 85degrees, and this FIT outputs a beam of 120degrees. So in terms of an even coverage of your frame you won't have any problems there. This is why your dive torch looked like a laser beam, a very narrow beam ;)

At 2400lumens it really is very, very bright, but as I rarely dive outside the UK I can't say if it's bright enough for daytime use in, for example, the Red Sea. At night, no problem at all, it's awesome. I also use this as my primary dive-torch on night-dives; as the 1000lumen spot setting is narrow, it is a very intense beam indeed.

Don't forget that there are three light settings for each mode (wide/spot) which give 100%/50%/25% outputs and subsequent increases in battery life. Quoted burn times at 100% are 1hr for flood (2400lumen) and 2.5hr for spot (1000lumen) which are pretty accurate. In the UK I rarely use this torch at 100% because it's like turning your headlights on in fog!

I hope this helps - you certainly won't regret getting this light, but I can't comment on it against the I-Torch as I've never used one. I would recommend you get a spare battery too.

Dan

#15 Greatoldone

Greatoldone

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Diving, Kit Cars, Motorsport

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the reply, Dan - much appreciated. :)

I wonder if they'll have them on offer at the Dive show in Brum at the end of the month... ;)

Edited by Greatoldone, 04 October 2013 - 01:21 AM.

My Marlin Sportster kit-car: http://www.greatoldone.co.uk

My Flickr (Don't laugh too much!): http://www.flickr.co...s/63454658@N05/