• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

I originally met Al Chan when he signed up as a guest on a trip to the Cocos Islands that I was leading.  He became a repeat client and a real friend over the years.  For those who did not know him, Al was probably the most centered man I have ever met.  He always seemed to be at peace with himself and he greatly enriched my life from just knowing him.  I was fortunate to have been able to  host him in my home when he came to San Diego to visit his son.  Whether he was in Tahiti or the Coco Islands or any number of other dive spots, you could always find Al in the ship's hammock when he wasn't in the water. Al had been out of diving for the last couple of years due to illness though we kept in semi frequent touch.  I only now discovered that he passed away from liver cancer last March 20th, soon after my return from Anilao with a small group.   

Al, you will be missed; you are missed and thank you for letting us become friends. 

Attached Images

• coco (22).JPG
  • Al and I .jpeg

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.