Cocos or Bahamas (Tiger Beach) or both
I am about to travel to Houston on a business trip for 2-3 months. At the end of the assignment (mid to end Oct) I hope to hit either Cocos or Tiger Beach or maybe both.
I have been to Cocos once before (a Feb 2009 trip)
- Is mid Oct too early for a trip to Tiger beach (Oct seems to be mid hurricane season?)
- Has anyone been to Cocos this season, what is the water temp/shark action like? (My last trip to Cocos was very average due to higher than normal water temps)
- Dolphin Dream or JA. I have read various trip reports on both operators. On a standard 7 day shark trip do both of these operators spend time with the dolphins? At the moment JA has better availability (and the dates would mean I could do both Cocos & Bahamas) but I would prefer a larger more stable boat (DD) for the trip out to the Bahamas.
- Undersea hunter group has limited availability, is it worth checking out other operators. My last trip to Cocos was on the Undersea Hunter and I was very impressed with the boat/operation. Any opinions on the Wind dancer/aggressor boats?
- I assume a 5mm suit would cover both options.
Edited by Kevster, 10 July 2013 - 07:10 PM.