• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

With the recent update to 7.01, the Creative Cloud edition is now a viable "upgrade" to CS6.  There are a few issues:

1. Ginger HDR doesn't install so one cannot edit RAW files or .DNG files still.  MAJOR FAIL since .DNG is Adobe's OWN codec!
2. Getting the 6 month "away from internet" license isn't that easy.  Mine has failed twice and it still looks to verify it's an authentic product.
3. There are changes (albeit more useful and intuitive like the timeline changes) in the workflow , so there is a bit of rescrambling the brain to work in some areas.

Edited by Drew, 27 July 2013 - 12:22 AM.
Not true. Ginger HDR just needs to be put in the Common folder instead of just the Plug-ins

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

I figured out how to get Ginger HDR to work. Instead of installing into the Plug-Ins folder, one has to go deeper into the Commons folder and install there.

It still can't edit .DNG files natively.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.