3 replies to this topic

#1 vincentkneefel

vincentkneefel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi everyone, 

Greetings from Isla Mujeres! I just finished a week full with Whale Sharks and Manta Rays, its was truly AMAZING. I am sure the Wetpixel group is going to have a blast - I just ran into Adam in the hotel lobby. 

I am currently working on my project Giants of the Caribbean (http://issuu.com/vin...softhecaribbean) as part of a conservation effort to engage youth in the protection of species and the transition to renewable energy. I have been a diving instructor since I was 18 and got into underwater photography at 21. I have been photographing for the last 6 years while in University and working  as a strategy consultant. While in University I initiated and organized a World Ocean Day event in Rotterdam with keynote speakers such as David Doubilet, Paul Watson and Fabien Cousteau (http://issuu.com/vin..._ocean_day_2009). 

I am very lucky that I have been getting some great guidance and feedback from people with a lot of experience. Something I have not been able to do so far is to connect with people of my 'generation' that are also into underwater photography. It is something that I would certainly like to do, as I think it would be great to share experiences and learn from each other. Somehow I have not ran into any people around my age or younger while on trips - I hope this message will change that and I look forward hearing from you! 

Best Wishes,

Vincent

_A6A1598 (1).jpg

_A6A1713.jpg

_A6A1296.jpg

Vincent Kneefel - Website
Seacam for Canon 1ds Mark II, 15mm FE, 17-40mm, 100mm Macro

#2 Kevindale222

Kevindale222

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hey, really enjoyed reading your articles. I am 25 from UK and got into underwater photography 2 years ago. Love the first whale shark photo. I'm off to Galápagos Islands next year. Have you been? Was wondering if you had some tips and tricks for photo Pelagics there?

Thanks kevin.

#3 vincentkneefel

vincentkneefel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Hi Kevin, 

Thank you, great to hear from you! I lived on Galapagos doing research for the Charles Darwin Foundation and made trips to Darwin & Wolf. Can you PM your email address?

Best,

Vincent

Vincent Kneefel - Website
Seacam for Canon 1ds Mark II, 15mm FE, 17-40mm, 100mm Macro

#4 Kevindale222

Kevindale222

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Pm sent