Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have experience of Nauticam 45 on Ikelite?

Viewfinder

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 soulflyer

soulflyer

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

I want to fit a Nauticam 45 to my Ikelite D200 housing and would like to know if I am likely to run into any problems before I spend >$1000...

Maybe some of you can help me? Do you use a Nauticam 45 on Ikelite? If so, which housing? Or maybe someone could measure the diameter and depth of the boss on the housing side of the viewfinder so I can calculate if I have clearance for the controls.

I think (from days of careful googling and comparing pictures) that it will fit  ok, but I would rather be sure. I know there were problems with one of the Ikelite canon housings and a Nauticam viewfinder from a thread on here..

regards

Iain

#2 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

Where are you based? We can test and see if you are in the UK. 

www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland

#3 blibecap

blibecap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

It will work fine with the Nauticam ikelite adapter or I can make you a custom adapter. I have it installed on a Ikelite D700 housing. 

Edited by blibecap, 31 July 2013 - 05:13 AM.

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh
http://www.UwCameraStuff.com
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.

#4 soulflyer

soulflyer

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I'm based in Vietnam, but if all else fails l will get in touch next time I'M over in the Uk. If it fits on a D700 housing it should be fine on mine. Thanks!

#5 blibecap

blibecap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

Correction I have it installed in a D7000 housing. I am in the USA. 

Edited by blibecap, 01 August 2013 - 06:03 AM.

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh

#6 lassi

lassi

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I ordered mine from Oceanicfocus / Singapore, and it didn't fit to my Ikelite (for Canon 550). It took one year for them / Nauticam to admit that the adapter was faulty. The mistakes done in the fabrication of the adapter were beyond any imagination, and it is amazing that no one has checked if these adapter & O-rings and installation tools really fit to each other and the housing, even with this kind of really pricey package.

Now I wonder, if I should claim my money back and try next with Inon, or keep the viewfinder and find another source for the adapter.

#7 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2129 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

I ordered mine from Oceanicfocus / Singapore, and it didn't fit to my Ikelite (for Canon 550). It took one year for them / Nauticam to admit that the adapter was faulty. The mistakes done in the fabrication of the adapter were beyond any imagination, and it is amazing that no one has checked if these adapter & O-rings and installation tools really fit to each other and the housing, even with this kind of really pricey package.

That's strange to me. Nauticam have never been other than very helpful since I swapped to their equipment. The optical properties of the Nauticam viewfinders is so far ahead of Inon's that I would persist in trying to get the Nauticam viewfinder sorted.

#8 blibecap

blibecap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

I forgot to mention that I had to get a custom very thin o-ring to make the adapter work and then it was still very tight and hard to get into place. I agree that "  The optical properties of the Nauticam viewfinders is so far ahead of Inon's that I would persist in trying to get the Nauticam viewfinder sorted. " 

I make adapters for ikelite and the inon out of delrin and would be glad to modify your adapter or make a new one for you if you so desire.  If you assemble the adapter without the o-ring is everything else ok or does the rotation of the viewfinder hit some knobs? 

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh