2 replies to this topic

#1 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Planning a trip to Grand Turk and wondering if Air Turks and Caicos keeps a close eye on baggage.  The official policy is one 44 lb check bag and one 10 lb carry on per person.  $1/lb for over weight. With diving and camera gear, I am way over that limit.  Wondering if anyone knows if they really check closely.  I have seen restrictions before but it only mattered in a few places.  I normally have a 50 lb checked bag, a 35 lb roller and a 30 lb backpack...all of which has about 6 lbs of personal items, the rest dive/camera equipment.  A Scott's vest or similar looks to be in my future but still wondering about the weighing part.

Anyone have experience with this airline?  No searches on WP seemed to turn anything up for that airline.

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#2 meister

meister

Manta Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

Within this past year or so I was checking into the possibility of flying Provo to Grand Turk.  The airline wanted me to send them email picture of my credit card and photo ID...  Needless to say, it never happened...

Canon 5D, 5D MK III, Canon 15, 17-40 & 100mm
Aquatica, Ikelight
donhughes.us

#3 DavidG

DavidG

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

Their planes are quite small and don't have much space inside to put any big carryons.

If you carryon doesn't fit under the seat they might not let you take it with you and you might have to check it.

In the past I told them that I had photography gear and they let me put inside the plane.

They have never weight my carryon before.

Subal ND20, Nikon D200 and lots of water to photograph.

http://www.worldofoceans.com