Photo
- - - - -

Problem with YS90 velcro connection?????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrism

chrism

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 03:47 PM

In a very Homer Simpson way, I screwed up the supplied velcro TWICE, although one could be cut so it fit. No worries to get another piece at the fabric store, just haven't done it.

However, two problems:

(1) there is a tiny sliver of space of the diffuser that is not covered. it seems I am getting some light bleed at the sides. Although the 4040 is set at -2 flash, is it coming from this area?

(2) the velcro comes loose at inopportune moments. There's plenty to hook onto, it just comes loose/off easily. Anyone else experience this?

Has anyone come up with a better connection than the velcro? I'm thinking a piece of plastic to fit over the entire diffuser or something?

Chris
Canon 300D, Aquatica A300, Dual YS90-DXs, Canon 18-55 mm, Sigma 15 mm FE, Canon 50 mm Macro

#2 Dee

Dee

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 08:23 PM

1) Are you talking about the diffuser over the internal flash? Haven't noticed any light bleed from it.

2) I've never had the velcro come loose, so far. It seems very secure but then again, you have many more dives on yours than I do. Maybe it's a durability issue.

guess I wasn't much help, huh? :)

#3 chrism

chrism

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 08:22 PM

thanks for answering anyway!

Yes, I mean the plastic dffuser over the internal flash

looks like I need to go to the fabric store.

CHris
Canon 300D, Aquatica A300, Dual YS90-DXs, Canon 18-55 mm, Sigma 15 mm FE, Canon 50 mm Macro