135 replies to this topic

#121 breathless

breathless

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Hi Kadu,

The only way to fire the flash while flipped down is to set the camera to underwater mode...this will limit your control of the camera...
I don't use Aquatica and would like to ask: why do you want to keep the flash flipped down?

Oktay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the EM-1, but on the EM-5 once you set underwater mode the flash will fire in the flipped down position, you can then change mode with the mode dial to whatever you normally use (eg M) and the flash will continue to fire in the flipped down position

#122 Kadu

Kadu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

Yes, but i don't now where i change the camera set for underwater mode, i found a White balance set caled underwater but, the flash still don't fire

www.kadupinheiro.com
Kadu Pinheiro

#123 Kadu

Kadu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

I found !!! you need to customize the the FN1 or the FN 2 for this funcion The button can be used to choose between I and H while the underwater case is attached. Press and hold the button to return to the previous mode. If this option is selected, the FL-LM2 will fi re even when not raised. When using an ED12-50mmEZ lens with power zoom (E-ZOOM), the lens is automatically zoomed to the WIDE end or TELE end in accordance with I and H switching.

page 99 and 100 from the OMD user manual, now work perfect !!

www.kadupinheiro.com
Kadu Pinheiro

#124 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Kadu, I just e-mailed you the procedure for the flash.

Oktay, this allows the camera flash to trigger in the lower position (as opposed as having to raise it fully), keeping the flash down allows for a substantial reduction in height of the housing, it is the same procedure used by Olympus.

Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#125 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, geology

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Jean - could you please send me the procedure for the flash too?  I'm still waiting for my dealer to send me the housing, but I want to be ready when it arrives!

#126 davirond

davirond

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Looks to be documented on page 17 of the pt-ep11 https://support.olym.../man_ptep11.pdf

#127 Kadu

Kadu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Tks Jean, the instructions were well explanatory, and now i am ready to go to the water :)

www.kadupinheiro.com
Kadu Pinheiro

#128 Kadu

Kadu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Omã | Some pictures with OMD-EM1 and Aquatica Housing, with Panasonic 8mm and Aquatica mini dome

13906416058_0fe919cb5f_o.jpg

14069813516_fcf2b3f42b_o.jpg

13906413637_d5d6a84bb3_o.jpg

www.kadupinheiro.com
Kadu Pinheiro

#129 oktay_calisir

oktay_calisir

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Here some underwater photography with the Olympus OMD EM1 - Nauticam NA-EM1 - INON Z240's - Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - Mini Dome:

(yes, the whole system went through that restriction...)

Oktay Calisir

www.ocalisir.com

#130 Juzzi

Juzzi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hi Chaps...  The Austrian 12-50 gear was mentioned in this thread couple of times. Just to let you guys know there is now a cheaper option... and it is prettier also :)

http://www.deepshots...s-by-deepshots/

Regrads

Jussi

(sorry about the promo) :P

#131 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Definately shameless self promotion there Jussi, but as owners of a pair of your gears, ive gotta agree they do work a treat !!! ;)

Dave

#132 Rajesh

Rajesh

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

Anybody know what kind of strobe connections the Aquatica housing will have for the E-M1?

Hi, I own an Aquatica housing and used fiber optic cords for the first dives. Works perfect. After some weeks I have an Ikelite connector and works better than expected. You don't have speed sync limits if you know how play with the black band in the top of the frame ( other Oly cameras had this band in the bottom). You can order also Nikonos connectors as you preffer.

Some photos with the Aquatica housing and a couple of Ikelite DS161 with FO adapters.

https://www.facebook...65767612&type=3

#133 paratom

paratom

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

What would be the main differences between the Arctica and Nautican housings?

#134 paratom

paratom

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Maybe a stupid question - but can you save all the UW-specific settings of the EM1 as a user mode.

I wonder if one can switch back and forth between underwater and "overwater/land"-photography quickly?

Or is it allways 10 minutes of changing menue-settings?

Or is it more usefull to have one body for underwater and one for land-photography?

Thanks a lot

#135 DivingMeCrazy

DivingMeCrazy

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

you can save up to four "MySet" configurations.  This might be what you are looking for Paratom

DivingMeCrazy http://www.divingmecrazy.com

Camera: Olympus E-M1, Nauticam Housing, 2 x Sea&Sea D1's, Nauticam float arms, Saga 67mm flip, Subsee +10

#136 davirond

davirond

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

I confirm what DivingMeCrazy advise. I just made the test, where the underwater mode is assigned to either Fn key in one of MySet preset. The flash fires every time you trigger. When switching to another MySet where the underwater mode is not assigned, the flash doesn't fire anymore. The procedure to configure the E-M1 is provided in the Aquatica AE-M1 user guide (page 6).

Another (simpler ?) way to do so is to access the "Direct Control" menu by pressing "OK". Scroll vertically to reach the flash settings and you can choose between always on, red eye reduction, always off, 2nd curtain and manual value (info key + rear dial to change the value by 1/3 step from full to 1/64).

Edited by davirond, 11 July 2014 - 01:13 AM.