4 replies to this topic

#1 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1541 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't know if this is the correct forum but here goes.

Often on a dive trip, I try to put a slide show together from everyone's photos. If everyone has a laptop this usually isn't an issue. I bring a Mac Air and a bunch of usb sticks (some windows/some mac) and things are fine. On our last trip though, most of the other photographers had their photos on an iPad and had organized them into a favorites folder (10 photos of the 5000 or so on the iPad). How in he** can you download from a folder on the ipad to my mac. The solution needs to be WIFI free i.e. there is usually no wifi available and has to be local to either my mac or my ipad since the other ipads can't simply download the app since there is no wifi and often no cell signal either to create a local hotspot.  

Any suggestions are appreciated,

thanks

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#2 Pyro_

Pyro_

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

You should probably be able to plug it into your laptop and copy the pictures off like it was a camera. That is what I do with mine with my work laptop if I want to get pics off of it

Only downside to this is that you can't easily get the one group of pics as they are not grouped together in this view

#3 samplin

samplin

Moray Eel

• Team Wetpixel
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Mt. Biking

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I had a simalar problem and this is what I did,'s

Seagate makes a Wifi Hard Drive, It has it's own WiFi Network. Seagate Wifi Plus

I just transfered the files to the HD over it's own network and then just pluged it in the computer that was making the slideshow with USB connection.

Also great to watch movies on the iPad.

Joe

Joe Samplin Peoria Arizona

My Smugmug

Canon S100. 2 YS-01 Fisheye FIX Housing

#4 Vondo

Vondo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

I don't have a WiFi solution for you, but you can create a WiFi network with your Air. Just go to "Create Network" under the wireless symbol in your status bar.

You should have a program on your air called "ImageCapture" that will easily download images from an iPhone or iPad (or other camera). I use that instead of iPhoto with all it's attendant overhead.

#5 andy_deitsch

andy_deitsch

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I have used an app called senuti (iTunes backwards) that is great for copying mp3's from iOS devices to your computer.  I looked to see if it can also handle photos but it doesn't appear to do so.  In conducting a brief search I found an app called iTransfer that claims to be able to do this.  Here is the link.  I haven't validated that it works so no guarantees.

http://www.softpedia...iTransfer.shtml

Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7D, 2x Inon z240, Tokina 10-17, Canon 60mm
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...tos/andydeitsch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slide show