• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wreckfrog

wreckfrog

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

I will get  the GH3 mainly for video and also some photos to use in scandinavian waters (sweden). In another thread they where discussing the olympus om-d and the olympus 12-50 lens with possible diopters for closeups whith just  1 port (nauticam).Whit that combo they had a little wideangle and also macro on the same dive.

Does anyone know if that lens would be appropriete whit the GH3 and a Ikelite housing combo , or would it be better whith some other lens ?

I will mostly film on  wrecks and sometimes i would like to be able to shot fish aswell. I dont really need  or want a fisheye lens and would like to use only 1 lens and port  if it is possible.If not , what lense and port would you recommend. Any recommendations or experienses  from someone ?

#2 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yup on land Oly 12-50 works on the Pany GH3. Worked on my GH2 but now I don't have either kit. Both cameras are micro 4/3 and lens mechanics/ electronics etc are cross platform interchangeable. Now the port for this lens is very interesting. The Nauticam housing and port kit for the 12-50 works really well and the mechanics in the port gear are amazing but not cheap. The port has a 77mm filter thread so a step down ring to 67mm if you want to use a subsee. I heard of other 12-50 gears 3D printed. They worked too but looked filmsy. Not cheap either.

regards

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

http://www.scubacam.com.sg/

#3 ScubaBob

ScubaBob

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yes, you can shoot macro and wide on the same dive with the 12-50mm and GH3 (I use this lens in the Nauticam Housing/Port with the GH2). I don't know if there is an option of using that lens to the fullest in an Ikelite housing. With the Nauticam housing and port, I find that I don't need diopters either. I've been using the macro function (43mm) for larger macro subjects, and the the macro function with ETC mode for smaller macro objects. Recent video with setup:

My Videos on Vimeo | YouTube
Panasonic DMC-GH4 | Nauticam NA-GH4 Housing
Light & Motion Sola 4000 Video Lights
Lumix 7-14mm / Oly 12-50mm / Oly 60mm Macro / SubSee +10