#1 holloways

holloways

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

IKELITE DS125 Strobe, with one (or two) battery packs

Price - $300

• Includes Strobe plus 1 battery (a second NEW battery for $50 more)
  • Smart Charger (Part # 4066.1) with 4 interchangeable AC adapter plugs (USA, UK, EU, and Australia).  I also have an “old style” charger if you want it.
  • 1 extra bulb (part number 004.34)
  • Diffuser
  • Manual

NOTE:  can use this DS 125 strobe to upgrade to a new a DS160 (for $300) or DS161 (for $450) on the Ikelite web site – a $300-$400 savings!!!

http://www.ikelite.com/faq/faq_curstrobes.html#ds161

Strobe Specs:

• Coverage angle:  90 degrees, 100 degrees with diffuser
  • Firing mode:  TTL/Auto, Manual, ½ Manual, ¼ Manual, 1/8 Manual, and slave feature
  • Color temperature:  4900 K
  • Power source  7.2 volt battery
  • Flashes: 150 times on full power
  • Recycle time: 1.0 second (full power)
  • Depth rating:  300 feet (90 meters)
  • Charge time:  1.5 hrs

Battery Specs: 

• Dimensions:  2.7 x 4.1 x 1.5 in (69 x 104 x 38 mm), 12 oz (340 g)
  • Strobe compatibility:  Ikelite DS125, DS160, DS161 NiCad or NiMH, Ikelite Ai, 100A, 200, DS200 NiCad or NiMH

Attached Images

• 2013 Oct DS125 for sale (1).jpg
  • 2013 Oct DS125 for sale (2).jpg
  • 2013 Oct DS125 for sale (3).jpg
  • 2013 Oct DS125 for sale (4).jpg
  • 2013 Oct DS125 for sale (5).jpg

#2 malediver

malediver

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Diving and Golf

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hi, Would you be willing to post to Australia and if so how much for postage? cheers Ken.

#3 jlyle

jlyle

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

Caution.  If you are thinking about using a DS-125 to upgrade to a DS-160/DS-161, the savings depends on how new the DS-125 is.  I tried to upgrade and Ikelite wouldn't give me any discounts for my DS-125s.  Caveat emptor.

Olmpus OM-D EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with dual Sea and Sea YS D1 strobes
8mm, 12-50mm, 45mm lenses
My web page.

#4 holloways

holloways

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for the info Jim.  I called Ikelite and spoke with the service department based on your message above.  IKE said that the rebate depends on the state of the strobe and battery pack (including age), which charger you have, and so forth.  This one has the "new" smart charger (with one charge indicator light) and the strobe and battery packs are in near perfect condition.  Ikelite said, "at a minimum" and "worst case" this system would fetch a couple hundred dollars off retail price IF you even want to trade up to the newer one.   Here is the phone number if anyone wants to call to double check with Ikelite directly  (317) 923-4523    

Regardless... this strobe is great as is and absolutely no need to trade it for anything. 

RE: shipping to Australia -

Technically, it is possible to ship a NiMH batteries internationally (I've learned that the rules get VERY STRICT with Lithium batteries).   Price to ship depends on method sent - and whether or not you want both batteries.  You might also want a sync cord (see other post).  At any rate, best case with both batteries, in a priority mail medium box is about $65 USD to ship to Australia.   

FYI - here are the international shipping rules from the US DOT.  page 18 has info on non-lithium batteries.  Heads up for those of us that travel with Lithium batteries (ie: our cameras and strobes often have lithium batteries). http://safetravel.do...ttery_guide.pdf

#5 malediver

malediver

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Diving and Golf

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi, Would you be willing to do the whole lot including post to Australia as discussed and spare battery for $350. If so how would you want payment? cheers Ken.

#6 holloways

holloways

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

The strobe is sold