Macro practice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rumblefish

rumblefish

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography and wreckdiving. Editor in chief of 'Onderwatersport', the monthly magazine of the Dutch Dive Branch.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

This summer, I practiced shooting macro topside to get a better understanding of how lens-combos work and improving my skills in focussing. See full gallery.  

I'll appreciate your feedback!

--Rob

Attached Images

• 280913Eem-96.jpg

Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Tokina 10-17mm FE, Sigma 14mm, 24mm macro, Nikon 60mm macro, Sigma 180mm macro. Nauticam NA-D600, 45° viewfinder, Subal ND80, GS180 viewfinder. Sea&Sea YS350 and YS90. ULCS arms.

#2 MarkD

MarkD

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

This summer, I practiced shooting macro topside to get a better understanding of how lens-combos work and improving my skills in focussing. See full gallery.  

I'll appreciate your feedback!

--Rob

Hi Rob, What a beautiful and varied set of insect super-macros. The colours and separation from background are great. My only constructive criticism would be that in one or two only (including the attached image), the eyes do not appear as crisp as I would have liked. In my view, you will rarely get away with the eyes not being the sharpest point in the image. In the attached image, perhaps slightly greater depth of field would have helped? And possibly the focus point a touch further back?

Regards,

Mark

#3 rumblefish

rumblefish

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography and wreckdiving. Editor in chief of 'Onderwatersport', the monthly magazine of the Dutch Dive Branch.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Thank you Mark. I guess nailing the focus is the hardest thing to do, I am still in the process of figuring out what is acceptable or not. 

Best regards,

--Rob

Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Tokina 10-17mm FE, Sigma 14mm, 24mm macro, Nikon 60mm macro, Sigma 180mm macro. Nauticam NA-D600, 45° viewfinder, Subal ND80, GS180 viewfinder. Sea&Sea YS350 and YS90. ULCS arms.