• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

A few weeks ago I spent a weekend uploading uncompressed video files to the company that frequently sells my clips. All files are .mov files. I was told that a great many of them came in without the .mov and simply typing that in after the clip still failed to open the files. Next time I will put the folders in a zip file and see if that works but does anyone who may use File Zilla to upload uncompressed files have any insight into the cause for the .mov extension to be removed? 
Thanks, 
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 ScubaBob

ScubaBob

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

FileZilla probably did not recognize the extension as a binary file and uploaded them as ascii files. Ensure that the ftp is set to binary mode when transferring the files.

My Videos on Vimeo | YouTube
Panasonic DMC-GH4 | Nauticam NA-GH4 Housing
Light & Motion Sola 4000 Video Lights
Lumix 7-14mm / Oly 12-50mm / Oly 60mm Macro / SubSee +10