• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Two months ago I got a minor leak on my Nauticam GH2 housing while filming at 80+ meters.

Miraculously I managed to avoid soaking my camera and lens: at the end of the dive I had an half glass of water into the dome but everything was perfectly dry.

Opening the housing I did not find any clear evidence of fault: no hair or dirt on the o-ring so I returned the housing and 7-24 dome at Nauticam Italy (it is still under warranty). 

Housing and dome was sent to Nauticam HK, pressure tested and inspected. It was ok so it was definitively my fault  :(

Anyway given that one year of intense use was passed already, they completely disassembled it, serviced and returned to me WITHOUT ANY FEE (not even shipping cost).

I was far from home so I sent housing and port without boxes. I received them with brand new boxes and it was so shining (it had again the plastic film on the display) that I had to check its s/n to be sure it was mine...

What can I say more?  Nauticam all the life  :D And kudos to Nauticam Italian dealer for his professional service 

PS

I even got a short movie from that dive prior to escape to the surface (one and half hour later...). In the original footage I can hear the scary leak alarm  :sleep:

Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.
https://vimeo.com/bocio/