• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Paulmcmurrick

Paulmcmurrick

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

I have been sniffing around information about the Fisheye Fix Aquavolt 7000. They look great. Max depth rating is 100M

I am looking for lights that I can take to about the 130-140 M mark. I tried taking Sola 1200 video lights to about 130 last year, and simply could not get the to work beyond about 90M, even if they were switched on in shallow water. They survived, but the depth just seemed to interfere with the switch. 

I wonder if anyone has taken the Fisheye to that sort of depth, or has experience with other video lights that they would be prepared to share

#2 diverdoug1

diverdoug1

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, Cave diving, Trimix, Spearfishing, Saltwater fishing, Freshwater fishing, Skiing

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

I have used an array of small Priceton Tec dive lights as my lighting source strapped to my housing as deep as 540 fsw.

#3 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I brought My Fix3500 to 100m several times and they worked as expected. The 7000 is a bigger version but identical.

Gralmarine has several lights up to 16800 lumen. All of them tested at 150m.

Bye

Edited by Davide DB, 06 October 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.
https://vimeo.com/bocio/

#4 Muckle

Muckle

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Cathx Ocean Euphos is worth looking at.

Regards

#5 Paulmcmurrick

Paulmcmurrick

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Cathx Ocean Euphos is worth looking at.

Regards

Yep, I agree. I have been in touch with them. Pretty expensive for 4000 lumens by the time they are delivered, but they look very nice. I cant really see however much on the web in the way of independant review of these lights by users

#6 Muckle

Muckle

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Yep, I agree. I have been in touch with them. Pretty expensive for 4000 lumens by the time they are delivered, but they look very nice. I cant really see however much on the web in the way of independant review of these lights by users

I know there are some deep divers working the Malin Head wrecks off the North of Ireland, and they are using these lights below 150m. Look up Stewie Andrews channel on Vimeo.

Hope that helps

#7 Paulmcmurrick

Paulmcmurrick

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

Cheers, will check them out

#8 Alexx

Alexx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving, diving:)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

I went with Mangrove 4L6. They are very powerful and depth rated up to 200m.....

Canon 7D, Aquatica housing, 2 x Inon Z240, Sigma 10-20, Tokina 10-17, Canon 100mm macro, 2x Inon LE550W, 2xMangrove 4L6 lights

- Underwater Abyss -

- Vimeo Channel -