Photo
- - - - -

How to display EXIF data including copyright info in exported JPEG file in Lightroom 5?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ScubaFinland

ScubaFinland

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

In the General Rules of Indonesia World Underwater Photo Contest 2013 it says that

"All images submitted must include the EXIF data (including date and time of capture, exposure, copyright info, camera model, etc) in each individual image."

I can do that except copyright info. My question is how that can be included in photo EXIF.

So far I have tried following:

1) In Library view I have selected Metadata and from the dropbox "EXIF" or " EXIF and IPTC"

2) When exporting I have selected Metadata and include "All Metadata"

3) When opening the image file from the desktop (iMac) I have selected "Show info". I can see everything else except copyright info!!

Can anybody help?

#2 DiveMasterDewey

DiveMasterDewey

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Diving, underwater photography, photo-acoustics, RFID, Electronic Article Surveillance

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Get a program called "Exiftool.exe"

Use it to confirm that the copyright info is not really there before you pull your hair out over this. 

You can also use Exiftoole.exe and similar programs to find out what lens, exposure, and shutter speed your hero photographers use :-) 

In the future, try to set up lightroom to add your copyright information during import. 

And for those that might not be aware, check your camera; some models allow you to enter copyright information and it is automatically added to exif.

Edited by DiveMasterDewey, 14 October 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Alan Dewey
Reef Photo & Video
n2theblue at
reefphoto.com

S.D.I. Scuba Instructor

S.D.I. Underwater Photographer Instructor

www.AlanDewey.com

www.AlanDewey.Photography