7 replies to this topic

#1 Glasseye Snapper

Glasseye Snapper

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Fish ID & behaviour and photos thereof

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

I just felt an urge to comment on the exceptional skills, knowledge, helpfulness, comraderie, and general quality of information posted by the wetpixel community. I guess we all have come to expect this but it is becoming a rare thing to find on the net, with many photography sites being particularly nasty, empty-minded or just congratulatory.

Kudos to all

Bart

Olympus OM-D EM5/Nauticam, 12-50mm & 60mm macro
Sea&Sea 110a, iTorch, GoPro3 BE

#2 Markosixty6

Markosixty6

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well said feel honoured to be part of THE community.
SD
MARKO

#3 carl20171

carl20171

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I am new to this forum but feel I have found a group of people that are friendly and helpful. Thanks to all.

#4 Marjo

Marjo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Conservation photography, climate change resilience, species and habitat conservation

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Wetpixel is indeed special, a gem of the internet. I do think the exceptionall good atmosphere can largely be attributed to the site being well run, well moderated, and especially to the fact that the best of the best in the world of underwater photography have been involved since the early days of this this forum. These experts have been, and continue to be, exceptionally sharing and generous with their time and knowledge. The collected wealth of knowledge in this forum is incredible, and I consider wetpixel the most comprehensive source of information on underwater photography in the world. I joined wetpixel in 2004 and pretty much everything inknow about uw photography I either learned he or from someone very active on wetpixel.

#5 Chris.G

Chris.G

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

WetPixel was recently recommended to me by a friend and I'm now overwhelmed by the resources available.  Many thanks to the organizers and contributors.  I've been heavily involved in research underwater videography over the past decade or so and have had to learn much through trial and error.

Thanks again for this great resource.

#6 adamjthompson

adamjthompson

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but I apparently don't have sufficient permissions to start new threads. I'm a absolute beginner, and I wanted to ask a few questions. How can I get permission to post a new thread?

#7 Glasseye Snapper

Glasseye Snapper

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Fish ID & behaviour and photos thereof

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi Adam,

To my knowledge you can create a new thread if you have an account and are logged in. Clearly you have an account. If you are sure you are logged in as well and the "start new topic" button is still not working than you need to get some pointers from one of the moderators. They may spot your message here but it's not the most obvious place for such a question. The feedback forum might attract more attention. The "About" link on the home page also provides a feedback link where you can contact the site maintainers directly.

Welcome to the family!

Bart

Olympus OM-D EM5/Nauticam, 12-50mm & 60mm macro
Sea&Sea 110a, iTorch, GoPro3 BE

#8 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 2987 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Hi Adam,

The system is setup so that new members must post to an existing thread before starting a new one.  This helps limit some spam generators, but also does a fair job of confusing new members.  A great place to make your first post is in the Beginner forum where you can introduce yourself on the existing thread.   You should be fine now to ask away.  :dancing:

Cheers,

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom