• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10642 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Well Adobe promised quite a bit with the new subscription scheme and now they've finally started to deliver.  Adobe Cinema DNG is finally supported by Adobe Premiere Pro in the October update, so no more transcoding.  Red Epic Dragon 6k is also supported natively among other codecs. It sucks that they held back on CS6 but no crying over spilt milk.  Adobe CC is works very well with After Effects, Premiere Pro and Speed Grade.  Speed Grade still isn't as powerful as Resolve, but it integrates much better with Premiere Pro with direct link and it's actually almost as fast due to Mercury acceleration.

Note for smoother editing, you'll need hardware acceleration with Mercury Engine compatible GPUs.  I'd say a minimum of 960 cuda cores with 2GB at a minimum.

http://tv.adobe.com/...d4kray-support/

With After Effects CC, the new speed in Warp Stabilizer, Detail Preserving Upscale and other little features, it has become very powerful, especially with the updated GPU list and the superior integration.

http://adobe.ly/183tLWR

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10642 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hmmm testing the CDNG with 5D3 ML RAW (converted from RAW2DNG) and it's not really optimized like AE's DNG converter, Might be a display issue so will output the file to see the difference. Sigh!  GingerHD seems to be the way to go, but native playback is slow on even medium systems.

Seems to work well with Black Magic RAW, .arw and .r3d files though.  

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10642 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hmmm using it more, Premiere Pro 7.1 update RAW just sucks.   It reduces the RAW to 16-235, so highlights are washed and there are no RAW controls like ACR on AE.  Very disappointing.  

Drew